PCR Cabinet / Hood
A PCR workstation is a closed cabinet fitted with HEPA filtered air flow system with unidirectional constant flow of air with almost no or minimal turbulence. The air flow velocity remains between 0.4 m/s to 0.6 m/s. The purpose of using such workstations in laboratory is to create particle and bacteria free working environment to carry out specialized work. As these units discharge air towards user, they provide no personal protection but product protection from room contaminants
Features and Benefits
1. PCR Cabinet- It is the most used type of PCR Cabinet. In vertical flow cabinet, room air is entered in working area through HEPA filter fitted on top of the cabinet. Thus, air flows downward (vertically) towards work surface and leaves the cabinet sweeping out particles and bacteria.
2. Construction- These cabinets are ergonomically designed to provide long service life. Only thick metal sheets and pipes are used in construction so that you may get the finest and safest bench in the market today. There are 4 different MOC used.
- Complete Stainless Steel 304 / 316
- Inner Stainless Steel, Outer Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel bench, rest mild Steel
- Stainless Steel bench, wooden Body
The efficiency of a PCR workstation depends upon the quality of pre filters and HEPA filters. In our PCR cabinet, the Air filtration system is created to work efficiently even in critical environment. Pre filter that we use are box type pleated having efficiency 95% down to 5 micron and made of HDPE + Non-woven + HDPE mesh media and fitted in aluminium case. The HEPA filters are of high quality having efficiency 99.99 % down to 0.3 micron and fitted in aluminium anodized case. The blower assembly has ¼ HP; 1400 RPM branded motor and has aluminium anodized impellers.
The working area is carefully designed for comfortable working and easy cleaning. The workbench is made of stainless steel. Standard fittings are air / gas cock and electrical outlet. For illumination, we use fluorescent lamps. Front side of working area is covered by manual sliding door (sash), which is made of transparent acrylic plastic.
There are some optional features that can be added if required by customer. LCD display for air velocity, time and lamp on/off status are displayed on it. Germicidal UV lamp, extra electrical socket and Magnehelic gauge are also fitted if required.
Germicidal UV lamp:
UV lamp is an added option which is used to sterilize working area prior use. It is advised no contact to made in chamber during this time.
We are ISO and CE certified pcr manufacturers and suppliers in India. Our company designs both types of horizontal and vertical pcr benches for laboratory uses that meet ISO (class 100) standards. These units are ruggedly constructed for years of worry free operation and made with stainless steel sheet (304 / 316) or powder coated mild steel or GI sheets.
Air flow direction
SS / Powder coated MS / GI sheet/ wooden
Air flow direction
Sash (front door)
Manual sliding type (Acrylic transparent)
Acrylic / polycarbonate / SS
0.45 m/s to 0.65 m/s
Fluorescent or LED light
65 ±5 db
220 volts / 50 Hz
- Pre-Filter - 10 microns (washable)
- HEPA filter (0.3 Microns)
- Air / gas cock, Mains on/off switch, Light on/off switch
- UV Light on/off switch, Blower on/off switch
- Motorized sliding door
- LCD display for velocity, time & lamp on/off
- UV Germicidal lamp
- UV Hour meter
- Magnehelic gauge
- Extra power outlet switch
- Foot rest
- Levelling legs for stand
- DOP HEPA filter testing
Standard Sizes / Dimensions
HEPA Filter Size
No. of Pre Filters
2 x 2 x 2
610 x 610 x 610
2ft x 2ft x 6inch (1 No.)
3 x 2 x 2
915 x 610 x 610
3ft x 2ft x 6inch (1 No.)
4 x 2 x 2
1220 x 610 x 610
4ft x 2ft x 6inch (1 No.)